Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

32 things. Number 9 - Either dye my hair red or get extentions, or maybe both!

I did it! I dyed my hair red! (pics to come).

But in doing so I came to a terrible realisation that I'm "that girl" - you know the one that believes that skinny + blonde + big boobs = Beauty. I know how stupid that is! I know so many beautiful red heads, brunettes, hell the most attractive girl I know has the blackest of black hair! But it's not for me! I have no boobs - my friends 11 year old daughter is bigger than me, seriously! - So I feel that I have to compensate by being blond - maybe two out of three ain't too bad! I know how wrong it sounds, but in my head I cant see anyone looking past the busty blonde to get a look at the flat chested brunette!

Someone told me the other month that I was to pale to have my hair as blonde as it was (it was platinum). So natch that's what I saw every time I looked in the mirror. Maybe that thing that resembles a spiderweb on my head isn't actually doing we wonders in the hot department! It got me thinking.... heaps of rangas are pale, and a vast majority of them are gorgeous. Theres my answer, I'll go red! It might even make my skin look better if I have a hair colour that complements it! So after a few weeks contemplating ( I wont be going back to blonde - without a wig - for a very long time!) I decided to join the Ginger Ninjas!.

I feel so boring :( and i sure don't feel like a hot redder! We didn't quite get it as red as I'd have liked but that will take time (it's a pretty big deal changing from almost white!) So I'll have to build up the colour, but like Ali said, it means I just keep getting hotter. Damn it!

With out putting down the red too much, there are some big bonuses I've already found....

♥ The shine factor - hair that resembled straw weighed down by a gallon of hair spray in an attempt to tame the frizzies doesn't exactly scream luster! Its nice to have some shine!

♥ Regrowth - although the red will fade, it'll be nice not to look like an inside out skunk 2 weeks after spending half my pay packet to fix that exact problem!

♥ Improving the condition - Not bleaching my hair might help it to grow - hopefully curing my hair piece addiction - thus saving me money! bonuses all round!

♥ The more I learn to love it, the more it'll help me dispel my stupid belief that blondes have all the fun!

♥ And I get to cross off number nine on my 32 things! woot! Go me. 2 down 30 to go!

Hopefully I'll learn to love being red, after all, Red is the new blonde!

2 comments:

  1. Blondes may have more fun...

    but brunette's do it better...
    redheads are heaps good in bed...
    and once you go black, you never go back (mainly cause you can't - trust me)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee ! loved your post ! Red is the new blonde ! right for you.. following your hair growth and other things loudly !
    love naqvee... and if you get time after you are done with quintessential things in your life, check me out..
    faheimgul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX