Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeling Thankful

Lately I've realised just how lucky I am to have some of the people I have in my life,

I've also realised that while I love to "spread the love" via operationbeautiful and Karma Army to people I don't know, I've been taking the people who mean the most to me for granted.

So I'm going to use this opportunity to show some of you why I love and appreciate you.

If you miss out here, don't be sad, I'm at work and I don't have a lot of time today, so I'm planning on keeping this theme going! (it's also not in any order of relevance, ok!)

well except the first one!...

Mummy, I am thankful for so much, most importantly that you've been my Mum and my Dad! I don't think I'm that bad an egg, so you must have done a pretty good job! I'm thankful that you're my friend as well as a role model, I'm thankful for all you have sacrificed for me, Mazz and Buzz, I'm thankful that I inherited you re strange sense of humor, I'm thankful that we will enjoy our first real holiday together in December. I'm thankful that you love me.

Geds, I am thankful for the adventures, love, laughter and life we share, I'm thankful for the hard times we endured because it makes the good times all that more sweeter. I'm thankful that there is an "us".

Mazz, I am thankful that despite our past, I consider you one of my best friends, I am thankful for the little things you do like a quick emails saying "hows pattalopolus today?" as well as the big things like cleaning the verandah after all hell broke loose, or sitting with Madds for her final journey. I'm thankful that we can laugh together, bitch together, and laugh a little more.

Buzz, I am thankful that you teach me whats cool and not, yet still borrow my clothes! I'm thankful that you're the greatest "nail technician" I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! I'm thankful that we can chat on the phone about nothing, but always end up laughing, I'm thankful that you know you can tell me anything and I'll never tell another soul, I'm thankful that you're as lazy as I am when it comes to the gym, despite our promises of motivating each other!

The Amazingly Talented Katie - I am thankful to have ever met you, I honestly believe we're soul mates, in the not lovers kinda way! I'm thankful that we can share absolutely anything with each other and KNOW there will be no judgement, I'm thankful that we have our own little language, right Ben?! I'm thankful that we are so alike, yet so god damn different! I'm thankful that you re the crinkle to my S n' V's (coz the crinkle brings a little "crazy" to the mix!!!)

Awesome Ali - I am thankful that our friendship has lasted so long, I'm thankful for all our great memories, looking back pretty much every happy memory I have involves you some how, I'm thankful that we've had our ups and downs and come out even "upper" than ever before, I'm thankful that we had each other in probably the hardest year of our lives. I'm thankful for our absolutely honest relationship, I'm thankful that we always have fun together and that we can honestly compliment each other without being sucky.

Jazzy Jill - (apart from Jandy and Jill there aren't many great words that start with a J, unless you want to be a junky?!!) I am thankful that although we don't see each other as much as we used to, we still have just as strong a relationship, I'm thankful to have such a genuinely caring person in my life, I'm thankful that I get to watch your beautiful girls grow up, I'm thankful for our fun teenage years together, I'm thankful that you chose to contact me when your mum was sick. I'm thankful that you took a day off to win us Pearl Jam tickets!

Krazy Karly - I am thankful that we found each other on myspace! I'm thankful that everyday you put a smile on my dial with your great outlook on life.

Angelic Agey - I am thankful that while when met when we were young, selfish teenagers we've developed a great and loving friendship, I'm thankful that I could help you through your hard times and I'm even more thankful to be here to share your good times. I'm thankful that you're happy.

Messy Megsy - I am thankful for all the lovely words you write me, I'm thankful that when you see lovely things, you think of me, I'm thankful that I can be a friend to you. I am thankful that you're starting to see life and all the awesomeness it can bring.

I am thankful to share my life with all of you.











3 comments:

  1. Aww ya bloody cute wanker (only you will appreciate that, hehe) I love your guts out more than words can say.....even made me tear up a lil! Well, I am thankful to have YOU my gorgeous girl in my life too, and I couldn't imagine it any other way!! Mwah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm sure we'd have hooked up anyway during my Vic stint. Bummer! I just realised you'll be in the U.S of A while I'm spending some extended time in Vic for Christmas... Boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an wonderful idea to say thank you.
    since I am in lots of touch with my friends I am using this word so often and you give me new idea how to tell that.

    ohr

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX