Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's the little things

When I first got my license, my car (Maxxy) was my saviour, my car and some loud music. Instead of going to TAFE, back in the day, I'd just drive for hours with my music playing, finding fun new places, or revisiting old childhood memories, surprisingly I failed that TAFE course?!! After too many accidents (my Maxxy is a magnet, every panel except the two doors have been replaced because of accidents - only one was my fault!) I lost my confidence and driving became more of a have to than a want to.

Yesterday, I got my confidence back, and remembered what I used to do to clear my head. With The Eagles up loud, Maxxy and I decided to drive through the mountain. The mountain is an awesome place to drive with your music loud... there's only one lane each way, and no traffic lights, so I can sing at the top of my lungs without looking like a tosser - well, I still look like a tosser, it's just that no one else can see me!

It did me the world of good. Sometimes, it really is the little things.

Oh, and I have to say, one of my favorite "little things" is the amazing support I'm receiving, Thank you for yesterdays comments, you have no idea how much they help xx

2 comments:

  1. I love The Eagles. I would totally sing super loud with you anytime love! :) Actually, I really like driving too. I don't mind driving or being a passenger- I just really like car trips. Matt & I used to take out a map on Saturdays and see where we could go and come back in a day. And that's what we'd do. It's harder with kids now...but pretty soon they are going to get initiated in the weekend drive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a drive through the old hills to get in a good headspace! I miss doing that in the Dandy's - although got some pretty cool hills round these parts too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX