Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Musical Journey

One of the lovliest people out there in the blog world, Lacie of Creative Attempts is playing along with her friend Jenn @ Quirky Pickings in a musical journey, and I thought I'd go along for the ride!

Jenn is posting the challenge as a daily post while Lacie is doing it all in one post, I'm going to copy Lacie!

Play along if you so desire! (I'm looking at you Sara - this is your perfect challenge!)

here goes:

Favorite song;
I ♥ Rock 'n' Roll - Joan Jett and Ramble On - Led Zeppelin

Least favorite song;
I don't remember what it's called, but when I was around 18, my friends used to play a song with the lyrics "put your pussy on my face". I was (am) sweet and innocent, those words disgusted me!

A song that makes you happy;
If you listen to the words, they aren't exactly happy, but Blind Melons "No Rain" always makes me happy

A song that makes you sad;
Exit music (for a film) - Radiohead

A song that makes you think of someone;
I don't feel like dancing - Scissor Sisters, reminds me of Kate - she always feels like dancing when I don't!

A song that reminds you of somewhere;
OMG - Usher, reminds me of my trip to NYC with my sisters, it was our theme song! Mazz and I also used the words "Buzzy's got some boobies like wow o wow" In Buzzys 21st speech!

A song that reminds you of certain events;
Empire State of mind - Jay Z and Alicia Keys reminds me of New Years Eve 2010, Times Square!

A song which you know all the words;
Heart Ache Tonight - The Eagles. I know all the words to most songs, it's a bit of an OCD thing of mine, if I like a song, I have to know all the words, but I chose Heart Ache Tonight because it has a verse in it that they sing really fast, no one in my family can do it, except me!

A song which you can dance to;
Pretty much any Black Eyed Peas song, oh in high school I danced to "Uptown Girl" in a shopping centre, most.embarrassing.experience.EVER!

A song that makes you fall asleep;
Immortality - Pearl Jam

A song from your favorite band;
I had a hard time figuring out who my favorite band is! For old times sake, I'm going to go with Pearl Jam and my favorite song of theirs "Given to fly" Eddie has the HOTTEST voice in that song!

A song from a band you hate;
hmm, theres a few bands I hate! So I'll go with any song from any boy band!

A song that is a guilty pleasure;
It's a sunshine day from the Brady Bunch soundtrack. (Did I seriously just put that on the Internet?!)

A song that no one would expect you to love;
You are my sunshine - Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan

A song that describes you;
There are so many right now! Any break up/heart ache/confusion/sad/optimistic song!

A song you used to love but now hate;
Theres a lot of these too, with my OCD having to know every word to songs, mean I listen to songs over and over and over! when you do that, you tend to start hating them!

A song that you hear often on the radio;
Every time I get into my car, that song by Chitty Bang is ALWAYS on, without fail! Oh, that can also be the answer to the above question!

A song that wish you heard on the radio;
Jimmy Rikard - Drapht

A song that you listen to when you're angry;
Not ready to make nice - Dixie Chicks

A song that you listen to when you're happy;
White Moth - Xavier Rudd

A song that you listen to when you're sad;
Talk show host - Radiohead. It starts with the words "I want to be someone else or I'll explode" enough said.

A song that you want to play at your wedding;
We played 4 awesome songs at our wedding, I walked down the isle to Thank You - Dido, While signing the certificate we played Stand by me - John Lennon and Whole lotta love - Led Zeppelin and after we were married when we walked down the isle together, we played 8 Days a week - The Beatles

A song that you want to play at your funeral;
The Painters - Jewel

A song that makes you laugh;
Stand by me - Pennywise

A song that you can play on an instrument;
Nothing! If I could remember, I'm sure I learnt Mary had a little lamb on recorder in primary school!

A song that you wish you could play;
One of my 32 things is to learn to play a song on guitar, I'd like to give DAF - Powderfinger

A song from your childhood;
I grew up listening to heaps of music, but the one that stands out the most is Saturday Night - Cold Chisel, because my little sister Buzz used to think it said "Salad Tonight"!!

Favorite song from this time last year;
Boom, Boom, Boom - Black Eyed Peas

Hope you enjoyed going on my musical journey - and thanks Lacie for the idea! If you want to play along, that'd be awesome, let me know so I can see your answers!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jandy-
    You rock my world. AND now I know for sure that if we ever go on a road trip we'll be singing along together to music with no probs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun!! Thank you for playing along i almost had the same answer for the song I litsen to when I am angry lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX