Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

The one with the 1010 project



I'm kind of cheating with a blog post today! I'm using someone elses post!

Have you heard about the 1010 project?

It was the idea of photographer Victoria Hannon, here's what she wrote on the site;

10 photographers. 10 photos each. All taken on 10/10/10.

A single day represented in 100 photographs.



No special occasion, no big event, just the essence of daily life captured through ten lenses.



The 1010 project was devised as an antidote to everything in modern life always having to be bigger, better, louder and brighter than what’s been before.



It’s an opportunity to slow down and appreciate the simple, everyday things that make life beautiful.

I think that's such an awesome and beautiful idea, the pictures are amazing, and you should check it out here!

In other news, we're on the countdown to the weekend! (2 hours and 5 minutes to go, as I write this!), I'm going to challenge myself on the weekend. I have to get used to doing things on my own now, so I'm going to do something big (in my eyes at least!) and either do my trip in to the city, or go to the movies.... ON.MY.OWN! That's pretty big huh? Is for me! Might see Eat, Pray, Love. How appropriate.

Happy weekend people, hope it's full of sunshine and smiles :)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! So proud of you... You beautiful, strong woman!

    I'll come up with an idea as rad as that one day! Hanging to see you... Not too long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this, that's such a cool idea!

    And I'm with you on the being more independent thing. I always hated doing things on my own - I just feel funny going to a movie or restaurant by myself. I feel like it's definitely something I have to do though, just to know I can. Hope you had fun, and were able to do whatever you wanted to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX