Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

The times they are a changing

Time for some changes here at Alis Volat Propriis. The poor thing needs some loving! I'm not the same person as I was when I started this blog. Though I haven't quite achieved what I set out to do, become a happy person, a lot has happened this year to change me. The content of this blog has changed with me, but the layout, the name, the description etc have stayed the same.

I wonder if I should change the name. Sometimes I think Alis Volat Propriis is a bit pretentious, hard to remember, and not very catchy. The words themselves are Latin for "She flies with her own wings" I think that might be it's new name. I wanted "The rest is still unwritten..." but someone already has that, damn it!

I'm going to put more effort into to updating my little piece of the Internet, with funny, interesting and honest content, become more involved in the blog world. And I need a new layout, does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one?

In the end, I don't update as much as I used to because I can't think of much to write, and sometimes what I do want to write would upset someone, or whats on my mind would be boring to everyone else (though as of late that would sum up most of my entries!), If I keep having this writing block, maybe it's time to give the blogging away.

Que Sera Sera.

3 comments:

  1. Um...no. Don't give up blogging. And I think you should write about whatever you want to write about. If you speak with honesty then anyone who gets upset is on their own. Own the feelings you have and don't let anyone stop you from doing what you have to do to feel better about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sara. I love the stuff you think we don't! Heck I love any post, just wish I would update my own more than I do.

    Did you know this month is Blogtober? It's the month where you post every day for the whole month. And it can be as big or little as you like. Even just a picture. A few people I know who do it, find it re-connects them with their blog.

    Love always, your friend in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you see... that's the problem with blogging. once you start censoring it in case someone who reads it will be upset... it loses the purpose in the first place.

    you blog should be an expression of who you are. The more open and honest the better. If people choose to read it they must be willing to read the good and the bad.

    Blog like you use too... from the heart.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX