- No one knows why "a learning town" made its way onto our sign. It's lame! No one, when thinking of Mount Evelyn, would ever think of intelectuals! We're a mixed group of hippies, bogans, artists, families, young couples, elderly, yuppies, working class, tradies, weirdos, but not intellectuals!
- We have lots of nice walking/riding trails. The Warburton Trail is an old train line that's popular with bike riders. Oh, how sweet, the bogans put their stamp on the sign!
- The warby trail, going towards Lilydale
- The sign at the old train station.
- The old station. The Queen even passed through here back in the day. Mt Ev used to be a place where people from the city would catch a train for a Sunday picnic.
- Wray Crescent, or Main St.
- The Mount Evelyn Hamper and the baby shop Baby lets Cruz. We are the only town I know of that still has two Milk Bars
- The new shops on the corner of Monbulk-Silvan Road and York Road. We even have a Subway now!
- Views of the Dandenongs from Wray Cres.
- The Aquaduct, another nice walking track that will take you all the way to Silvan Dam
Friday, January 21, 2011
This is where I live. part one
I think it's fascinating to see where people from all around the world live, the little towns, or big cities. People, and how we live, our similarities and differences really interest me. So I thought I'd post some pics from where I live, Mount Evelyn. It's about 40 km's from Melbourne, in the foothills of Mount Dandenong and at the gateway to the Yarra Valley. It's a pretty nice place to live.