Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

4 Little blogs worth checking out!

I love love love love love finding new blogs, (well anything interesting on the net really) I thought I'd share my 4 latest finds.

Just the little things - a List of all the little things that we should appreciate like "when someone understands your humor"  and "overhearing someone say nice things about you" or "a full tank of gas"

THXTHXTHX  - Leah Dieterich's mother always told her to write thank you notes. So she does. To everything. thxthxthx is her daily exercise in gratitude. She thanks things like "cigarette smoke" because it takes her back to Europe for a moment, and "haircuts" because they are like massages, with the added bonus of changing your appearance! This site was the inspiration for my Thank You Thursdays posts.

Smart, Pretty, Awkward - An almost daily post with ways to be more smart, pretty and (less) awkward, like "how to be smarter - to increase the chances of your wallet being returned if you loose it, have a photo of a baby in it". How to be prettier - with a link to a NY Times piece about the positive effects of wearing red on a first date, and how to be less awkward - (this is my favorite link ever, do it!!!) Go to Google maps. Ask for directions from Japan to Connecticut. Read direction 27. Laugh!

and  I want to be her -  A street style blog with a difference. I think this site is run by 2 people, they either take pics, or draw pictures of stylish people that they see on New York streets with little notes on why said person caught their attention, and often where you can recreate any particular out fit.

* I'm sorry if this looks like a waste of a post, I'm not doing any work, just re listing stuff that's already out there. I don't know about you, but I do know that I love the Internet, and love finding new sites, most of which I find via other blogs. So you see, I'm not being lazy, I'm sharing, and sharing is good!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not a waste of a post. I love finding new blogs to read, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking to Smart Pretty and Awkward, and for giving me some new blogs to check out..including yours!

    xo
    Molly from SP&A

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX