Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A happy story from the Greensburg, Kansas Tornadoes??

My most popular post ever is A Happy Story from the NZ Earthquake. Nearly 3 months on, it still gets at least 10 to 20 page views per day.

If you didn't see it, it was a beautiful photo essay that I had received via email. It told the story of Ralphie a cool little dog who was, apparently, rescued following the devastating Christchurch earthquake. One by one other dogs, and even a cat, that have also been rescued all make friends with Ralphie.

It was heart warming and sweet, a nice change after reading story after story of collapsed buildings and injured people.

Then, I got a comment from Jim, telling me that he had in fact seen these exact pictures after tornadoes tore through Greensburg, Kansas in 2008! He sent me this link, so I checked it out.

Ralphies a busy boy, there he was 3 years earlier, on the other side of the world, doing the exact same thing with his exact same friends!

I don't know if it's really sad that someone made up the story about New Zealand, is it sad that they actually had the time to do so, or is it not that bad at all? After all, wherever it happened, if it actually happened at all, it is a lovely story right?

I hope you really did get rescued and made some new mates Ralphie!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it matters where it came from, it's still a beautiful story. Perhaps the person who sent it out and changed it to NZ was coming from a good place and trying to lift spirits. I'd like to think that was the sentiment. Hope all is good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karls - it's the fact that people are inspired that matters, not how that inspiration comes about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX