Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Limbo

In my family, we call the airport waiting area, after you've been through customs, Limbo. Because you're through customs, so your out of Australia, but your not at your destination either. It's the best and worst of places. The days finally here! You're about to get on the plane! But it's also all about waiting, and you're about to get on the plane! If you're at an Australian airport you've got a fair few hours in the air ahead of you.

My life is in limbo, it has been for a long time.

Before my limbo was like Groundhog Day. Same shit over and over again with no end in sight. I was watching my my life - dreams of a family, a normal relationship - slip away but I didn't know how to catch it. Instead it was easier just not to feel and go with the motions, Why? I'll probably never know my self. I guess I thought it was easier. Or maybe I didn't think at all.

Today's limbo is the light at the end of the tunnel slowly getting brighter and brighter. I have commitments to fulfil before I can truly start my new life, but those commitments, I believe, are the universe telling me to take time to think and to fix, time to evaluate and learn, time to write, and find the old happy me.

Universe, You've made sure that I've copped my fair share of shit over the past 33 years, I'm learning my lessons, I think I've paid my price, I think it's about time that the only limbo I have in my life has an over-priced news agents, a few crappy cafes and a tacky Aussie souvenir shop.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of it too, ta.

2 comments:

  1. Your wish is the Universes command. That manifestation mp3 would work wonders right about now. Focus on the feeling of having all that you want, right now - even if you don't know what that is exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be more than happy to sit beside you in the airport limbo lounge - sipping on a cocktail, waiting to board our plane to NYC!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You XX